Our programme is characterised by its proximity to entrepreneurial practice: topical and relevant issues with case-related approaches to solutions play as important a role as do reputed guest lecturers and close cooperation with selected companies. The MACFin programme thus creates optimal conditions for a successful career start
The Master’s Programme in Accounting and Corporate Finance (MACFin) prepares you for responsible activities in the field of financial corporate management. No matter whether you look at it from the perspective of a consultant, a controller, an auditor or a banker:
- you analyse an organisation’s sustainable financial and earning power and issue recommendations for further development;
- you deal with the requirements imposed by the capital market and the regulators;
- you utilise new technologies in order to transform the finance function;
- you create M&A processes;
- you conduct a value-oriented assessment of the profitability of customers, distribution channels and brands, as well as drawing up alternative action scenarios;
- you conduct management performance assessments and create incentive-compatible management instruments.
Financial management thus includes a systematic and reliable record of corporate performance, as well as reporting for the attention of investors and other stakeholders.
From 2016 on, the three best MACFin degree students will be honoured every semester (according to their final grade). The MACFin-Awards are remunerated as follows:
1st prize CHF 3‘000
2nd prize CHF 2‘000
3rd prize CHF 1‘000
The award ceremony takes place in the course of the MACFin-Breakfast right before the official ceremony at the Master’s Graduation Day.
Prof. em. Dr. Alfred Storck, honorary professor emeritus for business taxation and corporate finance, helped to initiate the MACFin-Awards with a major donation.